Chapter published in:Pejorative Suffixes and Combining Forms in English
José A. Sánchez Fajardo
[Studies in Language Companion Series 222] 2022
► pp. 7–31
Chapter 1Pejoration and beyond
- 1.1What is pejoration?
- 1.2Pejoration at the interface of semantics and pragmatics
- 1.3A linguistic interpretation of pejoratives
- 1.4A two-dimensional analysis of pejorative lexis
- 1.5Pejoratives: What for?
- 1.6Pejoration and X-phemisms
- 1.6.1Euphemisms as neutralizers of pejorative meaning
- 1.6.2Dysphemisms as enhancers of pejorative meaning
- 1.7Pejoration and slang
- 1.8Pejoratives and the conceptualization of taboo