The BBI Dictionary of English Word Combinations
This title has been replaced by The BBI Combinatory Dictionary of English: Your guide to collocations and grammar. Third edition revised by Robert Ilson (2010)
Hardbound – Replaced by new edition
ISBN 9789027221667 (Eur)
ISBN 9781556195204 (USA)
Paperback – Replaced by new edition
ISBN 9789027221674 (Eur)
ISBN 9781556195211 (USA)
Speak and write perfect English!
- The BBI Dictionary of English Word Combinations tells you which words go together in English and which words do not.
- The BBI will help you master the difficulties of common but unpredictable English phrases and word combinations.
- The BBI shows key differences between American and British English.
- The BBI helps you decide about word combinations that are on the tip of your tongue.
- The BBI gives more grammatical information than any other existing dictionary in easy steps.
- Get the BBI Workbook to teach yourself.
- The BBI has proved its value to hundreds of thousands of users.
- The BBI 2nd revised edition is made fully up to date with modern British and American usage, and now includes 20% more information.
- The BBI is a source of inspiration and will be your mentor and guide for speaking and writing perfect English.
In selecting new material, the authors have made use of a variety of sources, such as:
- comments and suggestions from over fifty reviews published in journals throughout the world;
- additions to the bilingual editions of the BBI, specifically the Maruzen edition (Tokyo, 1993) and the Longman Dictionary of English Collocations (Hong Kong, 1995);
- comments and suggestions from users of the BBI.
“This dictionary is a must-have for learners of English as a foreign language. It also will be a plus for the library reference collection in order to serve a diversified user group.”
Xiao (Shelley) Yan Zhang
Cited byThe requested document (/db/data/benjamins.com/cited-by/z/z.bbi1(2nd).xml) was not found
Terminology & Lexicography
Translation & Interpreting Studies
BIC Subject: CFP – Translation & interpretation
BISAC Subject: LAN023000 – LANGUAGE ARTS & DISCIPLINES / Translating & Interpreting
U.S. Library of Congress Control Number: 97034474