Implementing the journal’s language policy outlined in the Editors’ “Letter to the readers” (Target, vol. 26, 2014, pp. 1‒2), this part of the companion website of Target is dedicated to translations of articles and reviews from the journal into multiple languages, bringing into practice the journal’s core topic and honoring multilingualism:
- translations are listed per language, and alphabetically
- translators are listed alphabetically
- references include DOIs and external links
- all translations are linked to the original article
- all original articles have links to their translations
Multilingual Advisory Board
The Multilingual Website Editor (MWE for short) is Daria Dayter (email firstname.lastname@example.org).
We are committed to publishing high-quality translations. Our Target Online Multilingual Advisory Board helps us to maintain these standards. All members are affiliated to a department of translation, interpreting, multilingual communication, modern languages or literatures and possess thorough linguistic expertise.
Current members of the multilingual website board:
|Karine Bachelier||Monash University|
|Christian Balliu||Université Libre de Bruxelles|
|Yang Bingjun||Shanghai Jiao Tong University|
|Ludmilla Budnik||Monash University|
|Eneida García Villanueva||University of Glasgow|
|Mavis Ho||University of Edinburgh|
|Márta Juhász-Koch||Eötvös Loránd University|
|Min-Hsiu Liao||University of Edinburgh|
|Gary Massey||ZHAW Zurich University of Applied Sciences|
|Marc Orlando||Macquarie University
|Edina Robin||Eötvös Loránd University|
|Marzieh Sadegh-pour||Monash University|
|Olívia Seidl-Péch||Budapest University of Technology and Economics|
|Erwin Snauwaert||KU Leuven|
|Carmen Valero||Garcés University of Alcalá|
|Marion Winters||Heriot-Watt University|
|Ming Xu||Beijing Language and Culture University|
With the number of translations and target languages constantly increasing, Target Online is actively looking for academics with native or native-like skills in the following languages: Arabic, Chinese, Hungarian, Kazakh, Persian, Slovak, Ukrainian.
If you are interested in becoming a member, please send an email to our MWE.
Subscription & price
All translations on Target Online are freely consultable for anyone with a subscription to Target.
Procedure and guidelines
We accept translations of book reviews or articles from Target by individual translators or by translation teachers who are supervising a translation project with their students (see our Message for Translation Teachers).
The base of translated articles is constantly growing. If you are interested in contributing to our project, please take a look at the translation database on this website to see whether a translation of the article of your interest already exists. While we do not accept different translations of the same (review) article into the same target language, multiple translations into different target languages are welcome.
Please always check with the MWE before you start to translate, as a translation project might already be in progress! For that purpose, please fill out the TRANSLATION REQUEST FORM and send it to our MWE (email@example.com).
Once you have embarked on your translation project, please respect the following guidelines:
- The list of References does not require any action, as it will be copied from the original article. The same applies to visual illustrations and the like.
- Generally follow the overall formatting of the original article. For punctuation, however, the standard rules of the target language should be adhered to.
- Use the endnote function of Word for notes. The numbering of the original notes (if any) must be kept! Any additional translator’s notes should be numbered separately (a, b, c, etc.).
A sample translation is offered here for your guidance.
When finished, translations should be submitted to the MWE at firstname.lastname@example.org
- organized per language
- organized alphabetically, according to the translator’s name