Chapter published in:Patterns of Change in 18th-century English: A sociolinguistic approach
Edited by Terttu Nevalainen, Minna Palander-Collin and Tanja Säily
[Advances in Historical Sociolinguistics 8] 2018
► pp. 61–74
Chapter 5Research methods
Periodization and statistical techniques
- 5.1Quantifying change
- 5.1.1Need for multiple methods
- 5.1.2Periodizing processes of change
- 5.2Basic methods for estimating frequencies
- 5.3Methods for studying changes lacking a variable
- 5.3.2Method 1: accumulation curves and permutation testing
- 5.3.3Method 2: beanplots and the Wilcoxon rank-sum test
- 5.3.4Addendum: multiple hypothesis testing
Available under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives (CC BY-NC-ND) 4.0 license.
For any use beyond this license, please contact the publisher at firstname.lastname@example.org.