Article published in:On mood and speech function and the ‘why’ of text analysis: In honour of Margaret Berry
Edited by Lise Fontaine, Miriam Taverniers and Kristin Davidse
[Functions of Language 26:1] 2019
► pp. 35–42
In praise of text analysis
An essay in honour of Margaret Berry’s 80th birthday and the 25th anniversary of Functions of Language
- A little context
- What is text analysis?
- Why do discourse/text analysis?
- Discourse/text analysis for extra-textual purposes
- Discourse/text analysis for exegesis
- Discourse/text analysis for linguistics and linguistic theory
- Why ‘praise’ discourse/text analysis?
This article is currently available as a sample article.
Published online: 27 May 2019
Asp, Elissa & Jessica deVilliers
Bloor, Meriel & Thomas Bloor
Coulthard, Malcolm & Alison Johnson
deVilliers, Jessica & Robert Stainton
Halliday, M. A. K.
Miller, Donna R. & Monica Turci