Historiographia Linguistica 1973–1998
Indexes to Volumes I–XXV
This index provides an important and useful tool to access the contents of the 25 volumes of Historiographia Linguistica that have appeared in print from the journals foundation in 1973 until 1998. The index consists of four parts. Part I offers the complete tables of contents of all issues; Part II consists of comprehensive alphabetical listing of all published contributions, by title and by authors name, referring to the location of the contribution in the journal; Part III, is a classified subject index of periods and traditions, which refers to the listing in Part II; Part IV, finally, is an index of names, also referring to the listing in Part II.
[Historiographia Linguistica, 27:IND] 2000. x, 230 pp.
Publishing status: Available
© John Benjamins Publishing Company
Table of Contents
Editor’s Prefacep. v
1. General Discussions of Linguistic Historiography and Reviews of Histories of the Languagae Sciences (general and particular)p. 199
2. Western Traditions in the History of Linguisticsp. 199
3. Non-Western Traditionsp. 204
4. Missionary Linguistics — The Americasp. 205
5. Biographical Mattersp. 205
6. Bibliographies of Subjects and Scholarsp. 205
7. Special Topicsp. 206