Context-sensitive sound change in unexpected contexts
- 2.Aphonetic conditioning of sound change?
- 3.Odd conditioning of vowel changes
- 3.1Case study 1: Final /a/ mutation
- 3.2Case study 2: Fronting of last syllable *u
- 3.3Case study 3: *a > i adjacent *q in Kavalan
- 3.4Case study 4: Vowel breaking in coastal Sarawak
- 3.5Case study 5: Lowering of *u before high vowels in Sula
- 3.6Case study 6: Low vowel dissimilation in Oceanic languages
- 4.Odd conditioning of consonant changes
- 4.1Case study 7: Backing of final labials to velars in Atayalic
- 4.2Case study 8: Intervocalic labial to velar stop in Berawan
- 4.3Case study 9: *g > p-, -j-, -p in Sa’ban
- 4.4Case study 10: Gemination of an open final syllable onset in Berawan
- 4.5Case study 11: Gemination of final consonants before a supporting vowel in Talaud
- 4.6Case study 12: Atypical glide fortition in Narum
This article is currently available as a sample article.
Cited by 3 other publications
This list is based on CrossRef data as of 19 april 2022. Please note that it may not be complete. Sources presented here have been supplied by the respective publishers. Any errors therein should be reported to them.