The legal hypothesis of creole genesis
Presence/absence of legal personality, a new element to the Spanish creole debate
- 2.The Spanish creole debate: An overview
- 2.1The decreolization hypothesis
- 2.2The non-creolization of Spanish in the Caribbean
- 2.3The Afrogenesis Hypothesis
- 3.The Legal Hypothesis of Creole Genesis
- 3.1Roman slave law
- 3.2Spanish slave law
- 3.3English slave law
- 3.4French slave law
- 3.5Dutch slave law
- 3.6Portuguese slave law
- 4.How did legal personality affect Spanish slaves’ living conditions?
- 4.1Historical remarks on Spanish slavery in the Americas
- 4.2The legal practice of Spanish slavery
- 5.Three case studies to test the legal hypothesis of creole genesis
- 5.2Barbados and South Carolina
This article is currently available as a sample article.
Cited by 13 other publications
This list is based on CrossRef data as of 22 april 2022. Please note that it may not be complete. Sources presented here have been supplied by the respective publishers. Any errors therein should be reported to them.