Engineering registers in the 21st century
SFL perspectives on online publications
- 1.1What is engineering?
- 1.2What do engineers do?
- 1.3What characterises the disciplinary practices of engineering?
- 2.The social context of engineering
- 2.1Engineering careers
- 2.2Professional accrediting bodies
- 2.3University courses
- 2.4University faculties, schools and departments of engineering
- 3.Empirical studies on the language of engineering
- 3.1Engineering compared to other disciplines
- 3.2Engineering genres and registers compared
- 4.Halliday’s theories about scientific registers
- 4.1Grammatical metaphor
- 4.2The phylogenetic development of scientific language
- 5.1An online engineering corpus
- 5.2Procedures for word lists and lexical bundles
- 6.1Word lists
- 6.2.1N-grams in introductions
- 6.2.2N-grams in materials and methods
- 6.2.3N-grams in results and discussion
- 7.N-grams in context
- 7.1Introductions in engineering
- 7.2Materials and methods in engineering
- 7.3Results and discussions in engineering
- 7.4Conclusions in engineering
This article is currently available as a sample article.
Cited by 1 other publications
This list is based on CrossRef data as of 23 april 2022. Please note that it may not be complete. Sources presented here have been supplied by the respective publishers. Any errors therein should be reported to them.