Chapter published in:Measuring Native-Speaker Vocabulary Size
I.S.P. Nation and Averil Coxhead
[Not in series 233] 2021
► pp. 7–18
Chapter 2The productive vocabulary sizes of young native-speakers of
- Measuring total vocabulary size
- Measuring productive vocabulary size
- The productive total vocabulary size of young children
- Can spoken output be used to measure vocabulary knowledge?
- Is the cumulative number of types a good way to measure vocabulary growth?
- Is it possible to do data-gathering of a child’s output at various intervals to show vocabulary growth?
- Critiques of particular studies
- Hart and Risley
- Huttenlocher, Haight, Bryk, Seltzer, and Lyons
- Rowe, Raudenbush and Goldin-Meadow