Chapter 2Advantages of cognitive linguistics in the teaching and learning of foreign languages in TI programmes
In this chapter, we will explore the benefits of cognitive approaches to language teaching and learning in TI programmes. We will first explain the basic concepts of cognitivism, describe how cognitive approaches are used in translation and interpreting teaching and then draw conclusions on how these approaches can also be applied to language teaching and learning for prospective translators and interpreters and help them to become expert language users.
- 2.Language teaching in TI programmes: A short state of the art
- 3.Relevant concepts from cognitive linguistics
- 4.Cognitive approaches in TI training
- 4.1Cognitive approaches in translator training
- 4.2Cognitive approaches in interpreter training
- 5.How TILLT can benefit from cognitive research