Edited by Jacopo Garzonio and Silvia Rossi
[Linguistic Variation 18:2] 2018
► pp. 299–314
Variation in wh-expressions asking for a reason
- 2.Rizzi (2001, 2004) and Shlonsky and Soare (2011)
- 3.Two reason projections
- 4.How come
- 4.2Variations of how come questions
- 4.3Capturing the variations of how come questions
- 4.3.1 How come that = *in the absence of an intervening adjunct (many speakers)
- 4.3.2 How come mod that = OK (many speakers)
- 4.3.3How come that=OK even in the absence of an intervening adjunct (some speakers)
- 4.3.4How come that=* even in the presence of an intervening adjunct (some speakers)
For any use beyond this license, please contact the publisher at email@example.com.
Cited by 3 other publications
This list is based on CrossRef data as of 15 july 2021. Please note that it may not be complete. Sources presented here have been supplied by the respective publishers. Any errors therein should be reported to them.