Chapter published in:How to Teach an Additional Language: To task or not to task?
Kris Van den Branden
[Task-Based Language Teaching 15] 2022
► pp. 1–22
Chapter 1Setting the scene
- Challenges for language teachers
- The time factor
- The importance of high-quality AL education
- From elements to tasks, or vice versa?
- Knowledge-based approaches
- A task-based approach
- Two different approaches to language teaching
- From goals to activities
- Learning environments
- In the mix
- Outline of the book