Chapter published in:How to Teach an Additional Language: To task or not to task?
Kris Van den Branden
[Task-Based Language Teaching 15] 2022
► pp. 69–100
Chapter 3Motivational and affective
aspects of additional language acquisition
- L2 learning motivation: Why learn a second language at all?
- Complex, multidimensional, and dynamic
- Self-determination theory
- The prospect of success
- The value of learning an additional language
- Value or values?
- The concept of L2 selves
- The role of emotions
- The role of anxiety
- Positive emotions
- An integrated model of AL learning motivation
- Research into teachers’ multidimensional, dynamic motivation strategies
- Conclusion: The classroom as a pedagogical space