Chapter published in:How to Teach an Additional Language: To task or not to task?
Kris Van den Branden
[Task-Based Language Teaching 15] 2022
► pp. 155–202
Chapter 5Curriculum design for 21st-century additional language education
- Determining goals: A product-based or process-based approach?
- Defining the key goals of the 21st-century curriculum
- Narrow and broad AL curricula
- Determining the unit of analysis for goal description
- Needs analysis
- Selecting the basic unit for classroom learning activity
- The sequencing issue
- Sequencing tasks
- Parameters for task complexity
- Teachers dynamically moving from complexity to difficulty
- Language courses: To be or not to be?
- The role of modern technology in the additional language curriculum
- The multilingual turn
- Learning activities
- From theory to practice