Chapter 12Language variation and standardization
12.2What constitutes a standard language?
- 12.3What counts as a dialect in sign languages?
- 12.4Variation in sign languages
- 12.4.1Factors related to the language user
- 12.4.2Factors related to the context of language use
- 12.5Status and recognition of sign languages
- 12.6The politics of language and language policy
- 12.7.1Non-directed standardization: the role of sign language dictionaries and the media
- 12.7.2The directed standardization process
- Test yourself
References and further reading
Cited by 1 other publications
Nijen Twilhaar, Jan & Beppie van den Bogaerde
This list is based on CrossRef data as of 19 february 2024. Please note that it may not be complete. Sources presented here have been supplied by the respective publishers.
Any errors therein should be reported to them.