Digital Translation |
International Journal of Translation and Localization
In recognition of the pervasive impact of digital technologies on all forms of translation, Digital Translation: International Journal of Translation and Localization aims to provide a research venue to explore translation and localization-related phenomena that can be characterised by the shift towards all-encompassing digital environments. Technological advances are leading to the new ontology of translation through the convergence of previously separate sub-domains and co-evolution of human and machine translation. Digital Translation seeks to embrace scholarly discussions arising from this dynamic translation landscape in the digital era, promoting both theoretical and practice-led insights. We welcome original contributions from scholars and researchers grappling with new horizons that are calling for fresh theorization and methodologies, and from practitioners encountering new challenges and approaches in the workplace. Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Translation ontologies critically shaped by digital environments
- Digital workflow and distribution of translation, localization or interpreting services
- Digital text and speech interchangeability in the context of translation and interpreting
- Digital research methodologies involving new methods and theoretical/analytical frameworks
- Work standardization and regulations for digital translation and interpreting practices
- Translation and interpreting ethics in digital environments
- Artificial Intelligence in translation, localization and interpreting
Digital Translation is a continuation of The Journal of Internationalization and Localization (2009-2022).
All prices for print + online include postage/handling.
|Online-only||Print + online|
|Volume 10 (2023): 2 issues; ca. 200 pp.||EUR 158.00||EUR 183.00|
Individuals may apply for a special subscription rate of EUR 60.00 (online‑only: EUR 55.00)
Private subscriptions are for personal use only, and must be pre-paid and ordered directly from the publisher.